Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you NOT to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us, it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Lucky


It's funny how I completely forgot all about this part of my life until my mother pulled a cd of pictures out that a friend in the ward had given her. Thank you Sis. Peterson for giving me photos so that I will always remember how lucky I was.

I've said it more than once that I have never been lucky with the men. But I was once, though not in the way you'd imagine initially. This is Rusty. He was my buddy growing up for years. He would walk me home from church and endure my silly childish pranks and he was my friend. Truly that's about all I remember about him. Except that he had ticklish elbows... doubtful.

One day he decided to go off and get himself married. I'm pretty sure I was devastated, but he invited me to the wedding and I got to meet her and tell her that if he was ever bad, she could tickle his elbows and he would behave.

I haven't seen or heard from Rusty in a very long time which is as it should be, but the memory of his kindness to a young girl who had absolutely no self esteem will live on with me for the rest of my life. It just goes to show that it's the little things you do that have the biggest impact on the lives of those you touch.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment